Viasys Vela Respiratory Ventilator
- Product ID: 9458
- Condition: DRE Refurbished
Ask About Financing
Available in US only.
Need Equipment Advice?
Ask Our Experts! (800) 462-8195
Ventilation for animals of a variety of sizes. The Viasys Vela has many advanced features, all comprised in a portable package.
Intuitive user interface
Ease of use promotes effectiveness and patient safety. A 10.4-inch SVGA active matrix full color touch screen gives consistent, rapid access to physiologic data and current ventilator status.
Screen displays are organized and color coded for easy and logical access. Alarm priority is color coded so you know whether to walk, jog, or run to respond to alarms. Veterinarians see the essential controls for the selected mode. Inactive controls are not displayed until needed.
Vela provides the information you need, when you need it.
Standard features include a parallel printer port, VGA ouput, a call port for remote alarm capability and data output port for graphic and information systems.
Flexibility and a sound investment for the future
Vela offers a full range of ventilation choices, the performance to support your challenging patients and the flexibility to add valuable options to suit the needs of your changing practice today and into the future. In veterinary facilities with many demands, the Vela is an intuitive and portable ventilator adaptable to your patient needs.
Patented turbine technology for optimized response times and impressive flow and pressure capabilities provide you with the power to support your most challenging patients.
Improved patient-ventilator synchrony and low work of breathing are possible through highly responsive inspiratory flow support.
Non-invasive ventilation (in Plus and Comprehensive) introduces a new leak compensation algorithm in multiple NPPV modes to provide more ventilation support options for your patients.
Vela’s reliable, robust platform, including proven turbine performance means reduced downtime and low operating costs.
A patented exhalation valve, driven by a linear-actuated voice coil, Smart Sensor technology and proven algorithms provide consistently accurate volume delivery. Precise monitoring is essential for clinical effectiveness and patient safety.
Exhaled Tidal Volume, Inhaled Tidal Volume, Spontaneous Tidal Volume, Mandatory Tidal Volume, Minute Ventilation, Spontaneous Minute Ventilation, Breath Rate, Spontaneous Rate, Expiratory Time, Inspiratory Time, I:E Ratio, Peak Pressure, Mean Airway Pressure,
PEEP, FiO2, O2 inlet
- Manual Breath: One Breath
- Expiratory Hold: Maximum 6 sec
- Inspiratory Hold: Maximum 6 sec
- Increase O2: 100% O2 for 3 minutes
- MIP/NIF: Maximum 30 sec*
- Nebulizer: OFF, 1 to 60 minutes, synchronized
- Bias Flow: 10 to 20 L/min
- Volume Limit (Available in PRVC/Vsync only): 5 to 2.5 L
- Assured Volume: 50 ml to 2.0 L*
- PC Flow Cycle: OFF to 30%
- PSV Cycle: 5 to 30%
- PSV Tmax: 0.3 to 3.0 sec
- Waveform: Decelerating, Square*
- T High Sync: 0 - 50%*
- T High: ON/OFF*
- T Low Sync: 0 - 50%*
- Sigh: ON, OFF
- Vsync: ON, OFF*
- High Pressure: 5 to 120 cmH2O
- Low Pressure: OFF, 2 to 60 cmH2O
- Low Minute Volume: OFF, 0.1 to 99.9 L
- High Breath Rate: OFF, 3 to 150 bpm
- Apnea Interval: 10 to 60 sec
- FiO2 Monitoring, Graphic Trends, MIP/NIF, Leak Compensation
- 6 hours of ventilator operation from the Standard Internal Battery
- Electrical / Pneumatic
- Electrical A/C: 100, 120, 230, 240 VAC, 47 to 65 Hz
- O2: 40 to 85 psig (2.8 to 5.9 bar)
- Weight: 38 lb (17.2 kg)
- Dimensions: 13’’w x 12’’h x 14.5’’d (33.0 cm X 30.5 cm X 36.8 cm)